„Finally heavy weights!“ some rejoiced when seeing the 17.3 announcement. „Shit. Snatches.“ other got worried.
17.3 was a nice combination of a gymnastic movement with weightlifting. Cool mixture. But nonetheless quite advanced.
- Prior to 8:00, complete: 3 rounds of: 6 chest-to-bar pull-ups 6 squat snatches (95 / 65 lb.)
- Then, 3 rounds of: 7 chest-to-bar pull-ups 5 squat snatches (135 / 95 lb.)
- Prior to 12:00, complete 3 rounds of: 8 chest-to-bar pull-ups 4 squat snatches (185 / 135 lb.)
- Prior to 16:00, complete 3 rounds of: 9 chest-to-bar pull-ups 3 squat snatches (225 / 155 lb.)
- Prior to 20:00, complete 3 rounds of: 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups 2 squat snatches (245 / 175 lb.)
- Prior to 24:00, complete 3 rounds of: 11 chest-to-bar pull-ups 1 squat snatch (265 / 185 lb.)
- *If all reps are completed, time cap extends by 4 minutes.
Rx’d: (Ages 16-54) Men use 95-135-185-225-245-265 lb. Women use 65-95-135-155-175-185 lb.
Scaled: (Ages 16-54) Jumping chin-over-bar pull-ups Squat snatches or power snatches with overhead squats permitted Men use 45-75-95-115-135-155 lb. Women use 35-55-65-75-95-105 lb.
A lot of our members made the wise decision by choosing the scaled division either because of the weights („technique first“) or because of the chest to bar pull ups. Nothing wrong with that! We all still have to learn and improve in many areas. Learning should never stop.
And the „Yeah- let’s get heavy!“-peeps celebrated the lifting love. Some 100- and 70-ish snatches were thrown around. Solid and strong work guys!
The all-over-CFBS-Top-Ten for 17.3:
The all-over-CFDowntown-Top-Ten for 17.3:
Top Three Women after 17.3:
- Alessia Joy Wälchli, 141 reps, now 2nd in Switzerland and 28th in Europe!
- Nora Jäggi, 135 reps, 7th in Switzerland
- Katrin Luethy, 105 reps, 3rd in Masters Division 35-39
Top Three Men after 17.3:
- Joel Wächter, 128 reps, 37th in Switzerland
- Tom Schwander, 139 reps, 41th in Switzerland
- Ramon Gysin, 167 reps, 81th in Switzerland
And our Masters keep rocking the leaderboard:
- Katrin Luethy 3rd – Div. 35-39 years
- Döne Bonina 1st / Sascha Albini 1st – Div. 40-44 years
- Marc Hell 5th – Div. 45-49 years
- Nicole Reichmuth 1st / Gabi Schmidlin 4th / David Stöckli 9th – Div. 50-54 years
- Esteban Pombo 6th – Div. 55-59 years
- Dora Seebacher 1st – Div. 60+
The Team Ranking after that awesome workout:
Whoop Whoop! Aaall the way up!
The battle between the internal Team-Ranking is getting exciting:
The Bomb Squad has the most performance points. But the „Outlaw“- Team Spirit remains amazing!
Let’s see what’s up next! We’re still waiting for the „Repeater“…
Stay healthy and strong people!
Thanks Gee-Jay for the pics and vids! Find more here!